Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Senior Power!

Well, I guess it was bound to happen someday, senior year. It makes me crazy realizing that I am almost done with high school!! Woohoo!! Constantly with high school I can say "this is the last time I... (insert activity here)." Half the time I spend pretending I still have years to go before I have to do silly things like, college, taxes, leaving my family (gulp!), etc. The time is starting to fly way to fast though.

It finally hit me that, yes, I am leaving my family, a day I never thought would come. Everyday the clock ticks down and with each move of the minute hand I loose moments with my sibling, my mother, my father, the people who mean so much to me. I cannot imagine sitting on the computer and not hear the sounds of Elizabeth crying for who knows what reason, Hannah Montana's theme song, a boy complaining about Hannah Montana, the noises I have grown to love, even when they drive me insane.

The other day we were all sitting around the living room, just talking my dad singing and dancing in the kitchen while cooking some of my very favorite African food, how many more days like that do I get? I don't know, honestly I am trying to forget.

I have slowly realized that I have become obsessive of my grades, beyond belief. My poor teachers have to deal with the constant "why did I get that grade, What can I do to make up the lost points, and the you cannot give me that grade!" I am trying hard to prepare for later when I have to be in charge of myself (heaven help me!!) but so far its just giving me a odd case of OCD, and a massive headache... Sigh, but on the good side, my grades are better then they have ever been, guess its paying off!

I suppose I should go finish my math... Sigh... Why did they create the concept? I don't know, I suppose only haven knows, because it seems like a useless comcept to me.. Especially Pre-Calculus

No comments:

Post a Comment