Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cookies


I love Christmas, just saying.
It is the holiday in my mind, and as we get closer to the 25th my excitement grows.

I love hearing Christmas songs on the radio, and the feeling of peace and the Christmasy ( Lisa I know "Christmasy isn't a word) atmosphere (even though its like 60 degrees here).

School is thankfully wrapping up, and most of my seemingly evil teachers have somehow been touched with the Christmas spirit and AREN'T Giving us homework (excuse me while I have a happy dance moment).

Saturday a good friend of mine came over and made some sugar cookies with me, or should I say "Christmas Sugar Cookies" only once a year are sugar cookies so special, you know. It was a good day, I love baking the cookies, pouring love and joy into my cookie dough. I love having the Christmas Tunes blaring and hearing M playing with my siblings, and just feeling as peaceful as you can in my house. I love frosting the cookies and feeling creative as they come out perfectly ( I have found that ONLY at Christmas do my cookies turn out perfect ). I love biting into a cookie and for once not thinking about the fact that I just ate like 60 calories in that one bite. And I love having friends and family around to share with. I love having M around to help with dishes (I know he helps me wash dishes!), and most of all I just love the sugar rush you get from the combination of the frosting sugar and the one or two (or six) cookies you just devoured.
Sigh if only the feeling of Christmas could last ALL year, hey who WANTS to worry about Calories?!

I have finally found a craft that I feel good at, and is the only thing I can think about. Jewelry making. I LOVE IT! I feel at peace, and creative and I can do it for hours and hours and still feel like I want to do more. So far I have made a couple necklaces for myself, that are pretty basic, and I am starting to get more complicated, including dangles and earrings. I have made some cool looking stuff, and I am really loving it. It helps feed my soul, and now I don't have to spend all the money I do on jewelery... Maybe I can save for college now?!...Or just go shopping more... Tough decision huh?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your perfect CHRISTMASY (very much a word!) sugar cookies with our house!

    ReplyDelete