Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch Changes

A very good friend of mine just got accepted to college, which is absolutely AWESOME(FYI), but it has also made me antsy, checking the mail, email, text messages, phone, and every other insane way they can find me, to see if I am ever going to get accepted ANYWHERE, sigh... The Community College is nice, but... No thank you... And once again I am feeling changes in my friendships
Another friend who at one time I would have called a best friend, is now slightly distanced from me. I feel like everyone is growing and changing, and because a lot of my friends are hoping to go to the same schools they have started to change in the same way, and that leaves me. I am not going to a BYU (at least right now... Ask me in five days and it may change, sigh), and because of that I am sort of the odd man out. While a lot of them talk about going to the Cremery, and swing dancing, and Heritage Halls, I am finding out about Minneapolis, where the Mall of America is, and learning the lay of the campus. It's been fun don't doubt me, I am ready for a new adventure, with new people, but right now it makes me somewhat sad to see, that the people who have been my "City of 3000" slowly drift away.

My last Christmas at home, as a child living in the house is here, and like always it comes with copious amount of Christmas music (Right now its O Come O Come Emmanuel), a beautiful tree, and a big family present under the tree ( mwhahaha I know what it is!). Chirstmas is one of my very favorite holidays of the year. I love a world celebrating Christ and his birth. I love hearing Silent Night on the radio ( now that I have gotten over my distaste for the song), I love listening to the Mormon Tab singing any song, and Christmas seems to be their forte ( no pun intended). I sometimes wish the feeling of Christ and the joy of the season could last all year round, but then I remember that if I had to here Jingle Bells all year, I may jingle someones bell... The baking starts soon though, and so does the wrapping present, and the candy canes (big ones on the tree this year, woohoo!!). I love Christmas, and the spirit it brings, this year I am trying to remember everything I have in my life that others don't. I am going to be thankful for the season and my family and the people I have around me who I love and who I am grateful for that I get to celebrate with. So to all who read. I love you and I am grateful for your presence in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment