Thursday, July 4, 2013

E-Comm and Carry On


Poster preview
Today, as we celebrate our beautiful nation, I thought I should finally pay tribute to the place I work. BYU E-Commerce Department, and everything it has... taught me? I am preparing to leave Utah for good, and part of leaving is leaving my job. I didn't think I would be sad about it, but the more I think about it, the sadder I get. The people I work(ed) with have taught me a lot... A LOT for example. We shouldn't dress up as the Taliban yet, because it is still "too soon".  I have learned how to work with people who make me laugh everyday, and still get work done. I have learned that if you don't like sloths  something you should never let it be known, otherwise they will do everything possible to make you uncomfortable.
Yep this guy could work at E-Comm
 The people in E-Commerce are the most funny and truly American people I have ever met. Don't you dare diss on our good old 'Murica otherwise they will cut you. No joke they will just take you and cut you, believe you me, I am as you know a Washington Supremacist and a Francophone, however every time I try to say anything about how France is obviously the  superior country because ummm.... formage.
They have shown me some of the very best YouTube videos, for example prancercise 

Before I worked at E-Commerce I honestly had no idea what E-Commerce actually was. Because you readers probably don't know what E-Commerce is, I have found a definition via Google for your: 
"Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce or eCommerce, or e-business
 consists of the buying and selling of products or services..."

Sometimes, things are boring, but let me  tell you I love those people.  When I first started there I never thought that I would really love them, sorry guys. But E-Commerce has taken me in, and has been truly one of the places I enjoy the most in Utah. I love that we are a place that we can all be our own kind of weird and we all accept each other. I love the Texans who are crazy, I love the people who are there with me in the early morning when I am a grumpy grump. I love the rest of the Holy Brown Trinity, I love the people that I worked on the evening shift with, and I love my bosses and how they encourage us to be ourselves. I am so grateful that I had the wonderful opportunity to work with these people, the ones who are there and they ones who have left. Thank you for letting me be my crazy blackself. For taking my black jokes in stride, and my jew jokes... And my every other weird/borderline jokes. I love love love you.  You will always have a special E-Commerce part in my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment