Saturday, August 10, 2013

I Love You Like a Love Song, Baby.

Today was my last full day in Provo. I wasn't expecting this to come so fast, yet here I sit in my nearly empty half of my half of the room,  after tomorrow I will have no house, and as of yesterday at 1 PM I had no job. I just can't believe it. I just spent a wonderful day running errand, annoying, and laughing with a person who once was a stranger who I didn't want to be friends with because I was determined to hate Utah. Today I just want to publicly thank her for truly being the best roommate, and friend I could have ever have.
Sarah and I wereroomies in the terrible yet forever memorable Penrose 89. I like to believe that she and I had an instant connection because we are both from Washington ( opposite corners), but really I think it was just because we both couldn't handle the crazy b-ness of some of our dear roommates (none of whom I now speak to naturally).

Sarah is and was my greatest beacon of hope in Utah, together we forged a path that included fatty foods( CHOCOLATE DOMES FOR THE WIN!!!) and lots of slightly inapropro movies (okay for Utah at least).  
With Sarah I feel like I can be myself, which while I lived in Utah was not easy to say about many people. She is just so kind and loving that it is hard not to feel comfortable around her, not to mention she has a wicked sense of humour, and honestly I don't go a day without her making me laugh out loud, often with tears involved because she is just so damn funny. 


When I had my mental breakdown Freshman year, Sarah was there the whole time, letting me know that it was okay that I kept crying, and constantly supplying good movies and way to much Creamery ice cream (really why do they put them so close to Freshman housing!?) She put up with Doctor Who, the crying at anything, and was always willing to drag me out of bed so that I would make our tap class on Tuesdays and Thursday (which some weeks were the only classes I went to) She stood by me, always a rock and always so kind and gentle, but giving me the kick in the pants I needed to suck it up. 
Sarah has been my saviour and I am so sad to leave her, she has become and essential part of my life. I love waking up every morning to her phone going of three times (Doom,Horror, and Death), and our nearly naked Fridays (okay that never happened but whatever). I will miss our bejewbom meetings (okay that only happened once but we will always be bejewbom sisters). And just being with her even when we aren't doing anything but groaning like David After the Dentist because we are so bored. 
She is like the white twin sister that I never had.  I will miss watching movies with her, stressing out about crap together, driving around, eating domes. I will miss pointless target runs, singing horrible at the top of our lungs to all sorts of mass produced pop crap ( SOMEBODY!!!!!!) doing the dance of my people, and just the constant laughter that I have had for the last two years.
Sarah  I love you! I love you I love you I love you! Thank you, thank you so much for being there for me when I felt abandoned. Thank you for making me laugh,and for letting me cry. Thank you for singing sexy back, awkward dancing, and crawling into my bed when i just needed someone (in a totally non-weird way).  I will miss the home we built together, and letting me know that when I get home I will have someone there for me! 

Ah!! I am crying and hiding it from you because you're sitting in the room! Thank you Muffin Jiggly Puff Alice the Snot-Nosed Monkey King Kong McGrip McCarrey, for being the best roommate anyone anywhere has ever had in the history of the world. You are my favorite part of Utah and my BYU experience and the part I will miss the absolute most. Thank you for being my Goonie forever, and the only person I would ever truffle shuffle for!

No comments:

Post a Comment