Saturday, November 6, 2010

Library books, agency, and a couple of giggles

Sigh, there is nothing more humbling I think then realizing that you don't have a car to return books to the library, buy a baby shower gift, or go visit someone you would like to see. Very rarely in my life has my family had to wonder about these questions, we nearly always have a working car. but not now... In a world as mobile as our, we are immobile, unless we do the dreaded and hop on a bike (woohoo who doesn't love biking? ICK). I know I sound absolutely spoiled, yes I can hop on my bike for my diet coke, and thank heavens we don't live out in the boondocks.WE can walk to church, ride to the stores, and sports are all near our house. I wish though that my poor mother could get out of the house, at least I have school to go too... I shouldn't whine, when we have so much in our life, we are in the top 5% of well of people in the world right? How spoiled and small minded. I sometimes just get so wrapped up in my little world where things seem to like to go wrong, that I forget things. I just need to take a swallow of Ghana. Remember watching little kids eat dirt and listening to a taxi driver talk about how he wondered if we was going to eat that day (although unlike me he had a car, but that's besides the point).
I have so much I just need to remember sometimes...

Agency. I thank God for it, but sometimes it makes me crazy. When people don't use it the right way... How many times are people affected by people using their agency the wrong way? Ever heard of murderers? rapist? crazies? Their agency ruins other peoples life... And yet, without it where would we be? Sigh, its a difficult road huh?

And a couple of giggles. This weekend I got to have some girls over (which is a new thing for me, having more then one girl friend). It was fun, different. WE spent the better part of an hour on the floor hugging M because she just looked like she need a group hug, and made up a great song about her. Walking through Wal-Mart with a bunch of girls was a new experience, and quiet entertaining. I do quiet enjoy it, I am glad that I at least get one year of high school the way it should be...

And on a final note Single Dad Laughing a blogger mentioned to me by a friend, is the single best guy ever. If you ever have a chance read his post called Worthless Women, it touched me in a way other posts haven't for a while

1 comment:

  1. If you ever, EVER need a ride, please call me!!
    And I was thinking M needed a hug, but unlike Mrs. Diet Coke, I have no invisible tattoo, so I have no idea why...

    ReplyDelete