Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Petition for Peace

I hate people who say things hurtful, mean just because they can. Keep, your mouth shut. The evil that leaks from between your lips never helps, it always hurts, it is not Christlike, it is the example of Satan working in ones hearts. Things spread and eventually the person who its about hears about it and gets hurt. And sometimes, its about someone I love, and sometimes it makes me want to cry/ scream in rage.

My mother, astounds me. She raises six kids, two home schooled, one part time, and two in high school. She works as a daycare provider. She takes care of the bills, the kids, has three callings in church, and still has time to spend with each of her kids and love them. She is absolutely amazing, I love her so very very much. And yet, there are people out there with the tenacity to say mean, degrading and hurtful things about her. And they have made me, want to cry and makes me want to lash out in anger at them, because she is amazing, great, the very best woman I have ever and will ever have had the privilege to meet.

I know that who I am as a person, I am not always the nicest, the best, or the kindest.I sit here wondering, what have I done to people. I have seen my mother hurt, I have seen her upset, and I wonder how many people have I done that too? How many mothers have I degraded because they make me mad. I can name three off the top of my head. How many girls have I done that too also? How many little shots have a taken at people, just to get my selfish desires. How shallow, how unChristlike could I be?

I guess, it's a humbling experience to realize and hard for me to reconcile, but I am going to attempt to be nicer, be peaceful. It's not easy but it is needed in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment