Wednesday, March 9, 2011

... I have to pay WHAT?




I guess I eventually had to grow up. But I really didn't want to.... Being an almost adult, kinda really sucks. When I was a kid I had about five things I really ever "worried" about:
1. What's for dinner?
2. Can my friend come over?
3. Why is Justin being Dumb?
4. Would my mom let me watch tv?
5. What book was I going to get at the library?

... I wish I could say that by Eight my list had changed much, but it hadn't, but by middle school it changed to:
1. Did anybody like me?
2. Why was Fish (My Nemesis, long story...)being rude?
3. Did I have Math homework?
4. What was for dinner?
5. What book was I getting when I went to the library?

Sigh... I loved Middle School, and then the biggest and most difficult change of all High School occurred, and with it a whole new set of question
1. Did I really have to go?
2. Did anyone like me?
3. Did I have to do my math Homework?
4. What was for dinner?
5. What book was I getting when I went to the library?

So, as you can see up to to extremely recently I was content in a little world, where I got everything I wanted, and everything was much more trivial. Then, I applied and got ACCEPTED too 5/5 of colleges I applied to. How absolutely over the moon I was! I had the whole world at my fingertips! I got to DECIDE!... Then I started reading, and my world that once only cared for money for the books it bought me, and the occasional ice cream, change.
16,000
20,000!
30,000!!
Who had this type of money lying around? Who wanted me to pay it!? Where they crazy!? I need four more years maybe? AHHHHHHHHH
Thank Heaven for BYU!!
My world suddenly started to change, money really was important! It made you go. It gave you dinner, and a house, and clothes, and Diet Pepsi! And suddenly I didn't have as much as I wanted... needed...etc... So I devised a brilliant bank scheme, that would make me billions... Then I remembered prison, and left that idea in the dark....

I have to get a job.
The End...



Okay Not really the end, I actually had a reason for the previous rant... So I have become money conscious, I notice literally every dime nickel and penny I spend, and second guess everything I spend wondering if I should just save it so I don't really just live of Ramen in college



Yummy Ramen...
So I went to the gas station today. Last time I went gas cost $3.37, which I thought was a high but, you know... I had to drive. So today I drove into my neighborhood friendly Tom Cheveron, and gas was $3.59. I nearly died. I was NOT going to spend NEARLY FOUR DOLLARS!!! For gas. no way wasn't happening, I am just going to walk everywhere from now on... Okay not really, I just decided to drive to our neighborhood friendly Milton-Freewater Shell station where it was a much more reasonable (ha) $3.57 and they pumped it for me...

Sigh... Growing up... Darn you and your cost.

How life changes. How joyous and sorrowful it can be. How funny and how disheartening. How worth the ride and the journey to get the moments of happiness. The end goal is so fantastic, and the journey begins, at least for me, with Gas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment