Monday, March 7, 2011

My Best Friend...S...





I have had a plethora of people come in and out of my life. Having lived in so many places, I have acquired many different relationships with people. Some good, some bad. So many different relationships, some that were brief moments, some that have lasted much longer then I would have ever expected. Many stand out to me, so many great people. But today I have two special people in mind.
First. My dearest Emily Lou, as I have and will always call her. She and I have been friends for about five years, and her joy and light have illuminated my life for so long. She has changed my view on friendships, and has helped me see the true power of a souls being bound to one another. She has protected me when I was feeling vulnerable, and I like to think that I have too. She has taught me a new love for sugar. Not just in the candy form ( although milky ways will always make me giggle), but also in the icing sugar form. I never would have thought to dip my finger in a new icing container (Never to "scoop" only to spread, believe me it is a very precise thing with her). And honestly I never would have thought that someone really loved sugar so much that she would eat it off the spoon from the bucket of sugar, oh! How I love her. She is my closest girl friend, and she makes me smile all the time. Our friendship is not based upon convenience, we truly have cultivated a friendship based upon how different we are. We always say there is no way we ever could have become friends, and yet we are. How I love her truly

My other friend I met in a completely different way. He and I never would have been friends if it hadn't been for an odd train of events... The first time I ever talked to him, he doesn't remember. I told him that I was going to marry him because of his last name... It was a slightly embarrassing moment in my life, but what do you expect? When I get uncomfortable, I start making awkward small talk, and I was in
a. A seminary class
b. I didn't know anybody in there really
and
c. Well... I am just an awkward person?
Anyway, after that I somewhat avoided Matthew, I didn't want to explain, my ridiculous nature, but hey... That who I am.
Eventually we made friends obviously, and he has become special to me. He is willing regardless of the time, or day, or what's going on. He is willing to just say to me, I'm here tell me, or I'm sorry I can't change the situation, but just know I am always there for you. How thankful I am to have him in my life. After a hard adjustment to living in our small town, I am glad that I finally have the ability to have someone to talk to at every turn. He never sees how much of a difference it makes to me that he listens, to all I have to say, even though it is really a lot... Poor guy... I am so grateful to have him.

So many amazing people have been in and out of my life, so many that it seems nearly impossible to thank them all for all they do. My life has been filled with joy and love by people who have helped shape who I am today. How grateful am I for their influence. I have truly been blessed.

"I Can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment