Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ever feel like someone else is laughing at you?





Well, this week I decided there is someone, because honestly, its been crazy. In the last week I have Had the Stomach flu, been to the hospital to find out why I was hurting (yay for science and medicine), I have had fevers, been unable to sleep due to a cold and then my body just decided it hated me, and gave up forever... Ha and that was by Tuesday (luckily my cold was nearly gone)... Sometime I wonder, why. In any case my week has consisted of tons of sleep and concoctions of medications.

Tuesday was just about the coolest day ever too. I got to watch our local Orthopedic Surgeon (Dr. Wilwand) perform and A.C.L and Rotator Cuff Surgery. It was honestly the most amazing experience ever. I loved the entire process. I have watched a fair share of arthroscopic surgeries on YouTube (Yes I may have a slightly sick obsession), but seeing it actually being done by not only someone I knew, but actually being in the room, was awesome. Made my life. I wish I could properly explain the excitement I felt. You know how some people get a total rush from running (the crazy-o's)? Well I have never felt that before, but I have a feeling it was nearly how I felt watching surgery. It was so cool watching someone get fixed, and knowing what was going on. I want to be able to do that! I was so energized and ready I wanted to just know what was going on just so I could do it (lucky for the patient I don't think I would have been allowed :P). I truly think Medicine is where I want to be. I have never felt so energized and wanting to know everything going on and being so engaged in something for so long, ever! I guess the next thousand years of school will be worth it if I enjoy that as much as I did yesterday.

Saturday was Sadies! It was so much fun! I love going to dances (not the actual dance). I have been blessed with some really great friends, and I can honestly say there is never a dull moment with my friends! From Chubby Bunny (J won with 21 marshmallow's), to wondering if we were going to get arrested for having a fire in town I had a blast! I am so grateful for all the parents who let us use there house's (and decorated absolutely adorably). It was a fun night... Now I have to start thinking about Prom!



I have officially deemed March, March Madness, and I am not talking about Basketball. Every March I hit the annoyed with everything around me, this year later than last. I am so tired of cold winterness (Not a word I know!) and all I dream about is shorts and swimming pools (not to mention Cool Diet Pepsi or Lemonade, in a glass, sitting next to me as I read in my A/C house)And WATERMELON! I really love watermelon, and feel like the summer doesn't truly start until I take a bit out of the best watermelon ever (as it always seems like it is after winter fruits). I have decided to beat the Madness this year though. I refuse to want to strangle everything, from the book i'm reading to the dishes I have to wash. and instead focus on the good (like the fact that everyday gets me closer to the perfect watermelon, and the sun, and Wicked, and GRAD!!). Thank heavens for April, I may make it.... Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment