Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Sorry Cookies


I don't believe in them.

I feel like the only way to make a difference is to truly show you've changed. I guess I have a problem, I don't forget easily what people have done to me. I know what its like to be the one hurting people, just because you can. And I have had Karma Slap me in the face multiple times, and teach me that the way you treat people can change how they see the world. I have been treated badly, and I have been change because of it. Until very recently, I had never thought of these moments as an opportunity to learn and grow (many thanks to Lisa for teaching me this lesson). So now I look at life a bit differently. It wasn't okay the way I was treated, but I WAS treated that way, and the only way that I will gain anything but hurt from it is to realize that it was an opportunity for me to grow.

So this leads me to a question... Is it okay to stand by and watch people hurt others?
I don't think so. I am protective, Very Very protective of my friends, and family. I don't want people to ever have to experience the hurt that I felt when I was alienated from others. But... I am starting to wonder if it is really better just to make cookies and pretend nothing ever happened. Maybe keeping the peace is better.


On a completely different note: I got a job! woohoo! This means I may be able to eat in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment