Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ditching Walla Walla





I got myself out of Walla Walla this weekend, and headed to Utah! Visiting my future home. It's crazy, I have never felt a real connection to Utah, I honestly have a problem with it, but now its going to be home, so I am trying to soak it all it. Let me tell you there are way to many Mormon's here. I mean, I walk down the street and you see Mormon mothers with their four dozen children and my goodness is it crazy! I suppose I will have get use to it (or find and hang out with my Jews). I like it on the other hand, I like seeing dumb Mormon silly things. I have found a couple I really like:
Daily Bread Food Storage
Church. Caffeinated. (None Mormon but only found in Utah)
Less is Mormon
I just thought those were funny. I also have decided that people in Utah Valley are way to worried about their appearance All the way down from Brigham City to Provo and beyond there are a plethora of signs all about changing how one looks. At first I thought it was funny, but now I think it's sad. Why are people so worried about looking the same way they did at fourteen? Maybe I am too young to understand, but I think that its sad.

I got the opportunistic to go to General Conference yesterday. It was fantastic. I love the spirit that radiates in the Conference Center. What amazing men and women we have in charge of our church. What a lucky generation and people we are. Thank heavens for their faith and truth, what example's they are to me.

Today we are down to exactly two months until graduation. I am super excited!! I am apparently way too excited, but if it helps I am also nervous beyond belief.
I am also a month away from going to Wicked! I am so excited! Its the one play I have always wanted to see it, and now I am going!! Yay!! ahh so excited!

I really do love the church. I think its amazing. I love the Latter Day Saints, I am not really against them ( I am part of them so i better like them), but I just really love making fun of Utah....
Okay time for General Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment