Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Ridiculous Grin on My Face

This is what I look like today!!  (well minus the blonde and nicko, this  picture was taken a year ago).

I am so excited and happy!

Because guess what!

I am going to declare a double major in French Teaching (or maybe Studies)!

And  I didn't know I could feel so happy about declaring a major.

WAHOOOO!!!!

I am grinning like an idiot and I can hardly keep still I am so excited.

And it is more than that.... Do you ever feel like your entire life is being put right, and you can see the whole outcome right there, and its so exciting?? Because right now I feel like it is. I am not going to lie, things are difficult and sometimes I just want to curl up and cry. But the fact of the matter is.. I am happy so happy and I didn't know that a year could make such a difference in the person I am.

I have always thought that I knew exactly who I was a no matter what happened that would never change, but the truth is, I am so much different then I was even four months ago. I have learned truths about myself that I never thought existed, and i am going to list them out right here because, well I can.

Things I learned in 2012 (and it isn't even over yet!!)
1. People aren't always going to be who they say they are, and it's okay to let them go, even if it takes you months
2. You can be happy everyday, you just have to let yourself be
3. Slow and steady wins the race -- now this one sounds stupid but there is an explanation. I gained a butt ton of weight last year because I was "emotionally distressed" and now I have decided to regain control of that, and its working. Slowly. I wanted a miracle wake up and be 120 pounds, but that just won't happen no matter how hard I try! so instead I am taking it slow 37 pounds down, and its working! give me a few more years!
4. You need a little help from your friends (or a lot). I would never have gotten to where I am without them ;)
5. Sometimes Karma works out, and you get to sit back and laugh. And laugh. And laugh. Hell i am still laughing ;)
6. Do your flubbin homework- This one is a duh to, but oh well



Anyway. I am super excited about the way life is working out for me, and I am so glad that things have happend the way they have in the last year because, where i was last year was not healthy at all, working hard for something that I really didn't want, no wonder I broke down!


So! Carpe the fuck out of Diem! And do what you love, because if you don't how are you ever going to find happiness?

xo

Julia

1 comment:

  1. Whoooohooooo! Here's to authenticity! Here's to Karma! Here's to life! *clink*

    ReplyDelete