Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Tears



So, I have this feeling inside me right now, and I just want to preserve it, and know if other ever feel this way.

I am so happy, right this very moment, that I want to cry. 

There is no real reason for it. I was just reading Post Secret . It used to be my Sunday night treat, but now that I work, it just happens when it happens. While I was reading them, it felt like my whole soul just went to zen, and I feel blissfully happy.  People out there feel the same way I do, Paris is a good idea! Run away from anything that doesn't uplift your soul. How can I argue with that? And you know what it made me decide?  I decided that today, you, yes you, need to be you.

BE YOU

And don't listen to any of the crap the rest of the world is screaming at you. Don't be afraid of what the rest of the world says, because whomever you choose to be, someone will have a problem with you. Below is my new motto:

Seriously, don't let the hate into your home, your mind, your soul. Because once it is there, it is like a plague. It won't leave you alone, and you have to cleanse your soul. And your soul is the most important part of YOU! And its scary sometimes changing, but that is okay. In The Curious Case of Benjamin Button it says 


“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”"


I love this. I absolutely love this! You have control of your life! You make the decisions, you make the rules, you make the outcome for your journey through life!

It's different for each of us. And it changes everyday sometimes. Today I am happy sitting in my sweatpants listening to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes,  blogging and pinteresting. I am happy being me, knowing that I am completely imperfect. That most days, every day, I want to run back to Washington and curl up on the beach in a blanket and stare at the ocean. I am okay with my Doctor Who obsession. I am okay knowing that I am just a little bit different from everyone else I know. And I am okay knowing that people won't like me the way I am , and will always try to change me. Because guess what!?
No one will ever change me, except me, because I am made up of perfectly imperfect parts that I cherish. 

 I hope that you can find that for yourself.



(here is a little Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes so you know what I am talking about ;) )

And if you are more into more woman vocals:
( I want this to be my wedding song, and I want to tap dance to it)

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. You wrote this just for me. I've taken a beating this last week, and Darth Vadar won again. I'm tired, trodden down and I needed to hear this.
    Love you, Jules.

    ReplyDelete