Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Taylor The Latte Boy


 There's a boy who works at Starbucks. He is VERY Inspirational...
No, seriously, I am not just quoting this song.
I may have found love. (Again, I will explain my other true love, known as Really Cute British Guy I Followed, at some point)
At Starbucks..
His name is Taylor* the Passion Iced Tea Boy , and I love him, I love him, I loove him..


Now, I realize that this is may sound a little extreme, but honestly. I have met the man once, and he holds the key to my heart. The key being a Venti Shaken Passion Iced Tea** with two splenda.
Seriously! Have you ever had one? I suggest you walk, no run, to the nearest Starbucks and get one. It will revolutionize your life.
Go, Get one. NOW!
....

Thank you.

Taylor works at a Starbucks in Joplin, Missouri, and while I have never actually spoken to him (except to order) I know that we are made for each other. Every week  I drive down to Joplin to get my fix of shopping and Starbucks. Generally this means I go to Target and look at the books, then I go to Romancing the Stone, to see if they have anymore wrap pants, or evil eye things. Then a quick jot into Icing to see if they have any new hats, and then on to Steak and Shake to get the best sandwich in the world. Somewhere in there I always go to Starbucks, because our town of 8,000 doesn't have one. And I can barely go a week without my  Venti Shaken Passion Iced Tea with two Splenda; I am a tea addict (a conversation for another day).
Normally I go through the drive through, because it is just easier, but one particular day, I decided to go in. As I stood in line, reviling in all things Starbucks (Starbucks always makes me feel like I am home in Washington), I spied Taylor, the Passion Iced Tea Boy. First off Taylor is beautiful, he has this beautiful brown hair, that is cut just right, blue eyes (can you say yummy?),  a Celtic knot tattoo,and beautiful physic. And, I smiled at him, and he looked at me and smiled... And then I ordered, barely getting the words out because, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I handed him my twenty, and when he handed my change back, I didn't even look down at it, I just dropped whatever bills was on top into the tip jar (sadly it was a five... and three ones....). Then I stepped down the counter to wait, and inadvertently stare at him. Pretending to text I gazed at him, wondering what our children would look like,  if he would live in Seattle, and if just maybe he was fabulously wealthy (Don't ask.. I realize he was working at Starbucks).
He began shaking my tea, and then he did the most beautiful thing. He started doing TRICKS! he was swinging my tea all over the place, flipping it catching it behind his back, the whole shebang! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! Then he poured it into my cup, and my heart sank a bit because I knew that I was going to have to leave him... But then he put the lid on, and flipped my cup out of his hands on to the counter without a drop spilled. Then he winked at me... SA-WOON! He had me hook, line, and sinker.
I love him... So I giggled (yes giggled, it was mortifying), thanked him for the show, winked, and walked out...
And, I haven't seen him since.

Ah, unrequited love.

I love him... It is unfortunate that I will most likely never see him again
Oh Taylor the Passion Iced Tea Boy.

I love you, I love you, I love you!




I have included the song Taylor the Latte Boy, by Kristin Chenoweth,  for your listening pleasure


*Names Changed to protect identity
** Go figure I love PASSION, Iced Tea 

No comments:

Post a Comment